Are you a high school student with an interest in fashion design? Cornell University's Department of Fiber Science & Apparel Design has a challenge for you!
Congratulations to this year's Cornell Design Award Winners! We received 150 entries this year, all of which were excellent. Click here to see the winning designs.
Check back in the Fall for our next design challenge!
If you have any questions about the award, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
The 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place winners will be invited to attend the Cornell Fashion Collective's fashion show (VIP seating).
Additional prizes include
- First Place: The 1st place winner will receive a subscription to Women's Wear Daily, a selection of professional apparel construction tools, and will be invited to attend a master class with an FSAD apparel professor, focusing on techniques related to the process of transforming their sketch into a garment.
- Second Place: The 2nd prize winner will receive a one year subscription to Woman's Wear Daily and selection of professional apparel construction tools.
- Third place: The 3rd prize winner will receive a selection of professional apparel construction tools.
- Fourth place: The 4th place winner will receive a gift bag of art supplies.
- Honorable mentions: will receive a certificate
Judges consist of three Fiber Science & Apparel Design alumni working in the apparel design industry and one Apparel Design faculty member.
Award registration officially closed on Monday, December 15, 2014. We're sorry if you weren't able to submit your design. Check back again next year!